Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Missed a turn off!

Temperature was a little on the cool side today, and it was windy!  I had to wear a few extra layers of clothing.  Coming down 638 I missed Twin Branch Road.  Went about two miles past the turnoff.  Phone service was spotty, and so without device to help me get on the right path, stopped in to talk with a local.  Unfortunately, he could hear, but couldn't speak.  I had to write down where I was trying to get to, and he responded in that way.  That, along with the dogs coming after me (next time I will bring some protection), it's been challenging.  This was supposed to be one of the hardest legs of the journey, but actually I feel I am getting stronger every day and doing fine.  I'm now on the right path headed towards my goal for today, Mt. Vernon.  Hope to be there in a few hours...

Expect great things from God, Attempt great things for God - William Carey

Larry Penix

No comments:

Post a Comment