Tuesday, March 17, 2015

First stop Barboursville last night

It was a wonderful day.  The temperature was perfect, the sun shone brightly over the mountains in Kentucky and glistened off the water of the Cumberland River as I rode my bike along the Boone Trace.  As I rode along on my bike, I felt close to God.  In my every day world I am the pastor of Salem United Methodist Church and one of the chaplains at Pikeville Medical Center.  I am thankful my church allowed me the time to fulfill this, and I am also thankful for a loving and supportive wife who is praying for me, and helping me with my blogs.  I estimate that I rode a little over 30 miles from Middlesboro, KY to Barboursville.  I stayed with great friends in Barboursville.  I was a long day, but I was thankful for a shower, meal, and a nice comfortable bed.  Ready for day 3!

They did a story in the Middlesboro Daily News about our hike/bike through history!  See link below.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/news/home_top-news/152382734/Hiking-through-history

No comments:

Post a Comment