Monday, March 16, 2015

Almost to my destination for tonights destination.. arrived in Flatlick, KY More than just a marker!!!

I am halfway between Pineville and Barboursville, my destination.  Hope to make it by dark!  Yet I still want to stop and take in the markers to share the story of this wilderness trail. This was a very spiritual moment for me.  I stopped to say a prayer... I've attached several of the interesting historical markers and more here in Flat Lick, KY!



Stinking Creek, so named because Indians and hunters would skin and clean their
their game and dump the carcasses into the creek.  game and dump the carcasses into the creek.I had the pleasure of meeting this nice family.  
Below: The lady in the passenger seat is Hazel Mills.  She is responsible for building this site into the park it is today here in Flat Lick, KY. 


To see the video of my interview at Cumberland Gap go to:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JZIv35HB9A&t=344

No comments:

Post a Comment